Thursday, August 31, 2006

My Boys

So wow, what a week! Yup, it's one thing after another...but isn't always that way when you have little ones?

Garrett is doing well in school and we finally figured out a way to help him learn the words he struggles with. He's labeling everything and it's working! (Thanks for the great tip, Mom! *smooch*) I now have labels on all of my doors telling me to go "Out". One on the bathroom that tell me "No" when the door is closed and "Yes" when it's open. I have a "Something" or two on a few somethings. And it's working! He is reading and enjoying it! Tomorrow he wants to decorate my home with what and where. And he's joining the Cub Scouts. He is so excited about it and I know he will LOVE all the activities.

Chris has been on the yellow light at school twice since it started. Hmmm...kinda funny how Garrett made it through the whole year of Kindergarten on green and Chris was on yellow on his 4th day. He hasn't been bad, but he gets bored fast and gets as he says "wild". Maybe it's cause I see me in him, but I have to say I'm not upset with him. Sure I do the mom thing and talk to him about how important it is to behave in school, blah, blah, blah. But really, I love who is he is. He's sweet and loving, but full of LIFE! He wants to figure things out and does it fast. He soaks stuff up like a sponge and if he isn't challenged he gets bored. He lives life to the fullest and doesn't worry about what people think. I watched him out the window yesterday run into the soybean field next to the yard. He saw grasshoppers jumping and watched them for a minute, the he just started jumping with them in the chest high beans. He saw me looking out the window, waved and kept jumping with the grasshoppers. That's my Chris.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter

Want this badge?