Monday, January 28, 2008

so she might be spoiled....

another summertime one

Sometimes people tell us we give our little Bella too much attention...that she's going to get spoiled. It's true, we do dote on this little girl, all of us...Damian, myself, the boys. She is more then special to us.
So we all stop and watch her when she dances and then dance with her. So we all jump to give her kisses and "minky" (her word for candy) when she gets hurt. So we all fight over who gets to sit by her when we go out to eat. So she has her daddy wrapped tight around her little finger. I admit to all of this.

What people either don't know or forget is that Bella is a special blessing from God that brought incredible joy to our family after a tragic time in our lives. See...she isn't the first little girl born into this family. No...just over 4 years ago our first daughter and our boys first little sister, Emma, went to heaven. She died just before her due date leaving a gaping hole in our hearts. God is a big God and with his strength we made it through the worst of the pain. We grew together as a family and learned that God gives joy where most people can't imagine it.
We found out that we were going to be blessed with another little girl. And when Bella Grace was born she was our little princess girl. There is no way Bella replaces Emma, but we felt so lucky to have Bella safe and sound with us. Another chance to raise a little girl. So...yes, we do give Bella a lot of love and attention. She is a special blessing that reminds me daily of God's grace.

So...perhaps you can see why we might give our baby girl so much love. We know first hand that life is so fragile. Hang on tight to the ones you love. :-)

happy girl

15 Comments:

Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Thank you for sharing your story.
I'm sad to hear about your dear baby Emma.
But your faith is a beautiful thing and it touches me so.

Each child is such gift.

My story is a little opposite of yours. My parents died and left behind seven children. They did not get to see their little children grow up.

My experience also reminds me how precious every day is.

God bless you, Leah.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you NOT spoil and dote on a face like that?!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

thank you for sharing that...it brings tears to my eyes and renews my spirit to give my children my all...

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more I get to know you, the more I know how special you are. I am so glad our paths crossed and we can have such a great time chating everyday! :) Much love to you and yours! :)

1:26 AM  
Blogger sherri said...

What a beautiful story. I am so sorry for the incredible loss of your baby girl. Keep spoiling this one. ;) She is just beautiful, and I can tell she is so full of life. Wonderful captures of her. :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Addie Talley, Photographer said...

oh my goodness, and isnt she pretty too!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can never love your children too much.
ANd I don't think it's spoiling....I think it's loving and savoring every minute. It goes by way too quickly and I think not enough of us savor what we should.
So go ahead....

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story--thank you for sharing it with us! It's a good thing we do have such a big God, or we wouldn't get through any of life. His grace is so good.

I love this lyric from a U2 song "Grace finds beauty in everything.....Grace makes beauty out of ugly things." Isn't that the truth!

I think you are celebrating your precious girl, not spoiling her! And how we need to do that--choose to delight in our children! And I think the sacred resides in the ordinary. Just the moments of every day--laughing and dancing with our children, wanting to sit by them, finding joy in the interactions we have with them!

God bless you!

4:42 PM  
Blogger j.ro said...

that's beautiful leah. thanks for sharing. and of course it probably strengthens your giftings to capture the inner and outer beauty of your family through your photos!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Leah
Thank you for sharing this with us. I can't imagine what you have gone through....I'm so glad you are cherishing your little one.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your story brought tears to my eyes I am so sorry for your loss. What a blessing Bella is, beautiful. I will hug my kids extra hard tonight

2:53 PM  
Blogger carin davis said...

is there such a thing as too much love!?!? =) what a beautiful family you are all enjoying. thank you for sharing your story... i am so happy for your blessing!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Love said...

thank you so much for sharing your story and your Emma with us.

i am up at 2:00 in the morning because i just can't sleep after losing a baby in our hospital tonight where i'm a nurse on the pediatric unit. my heart is just broken for her mom.

thank you for giving me some kind of peace....i can pray that although i know it will be a long journey for that family...i pray that this little girl's mom can have the same beautiful faith and outlook that you do.

i so believe that life is too fleeting not to "dote" on our children.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Amy (3 Peas) said...

Thank you for sharing your story......

You can never love too much :)

So spoil schmoil :)

Gorgeous photos....just gorgeous

4:17 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Thank you sharing your story with us. You're right, life is SO precious and I don't think there's any way to spoil a child with too much love or attention. I have 3 sons and no daughter so I can only imagine how much a girl would mean to me....I will just have to live vicariously through you and your photos of your precious little one!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter

Want this badge?