Friday, May 26, 2006

Busy, busy

I've spent the last 3 days working on the yard every chance I get. After being in my third trimester with Belle last summer and then having a newborn to care for, my yard shows the neglet-badly! My flower beds are overgrown, the trees need trimmed and there a multitude of small profects that need finished. I spent all day on Tuesday and Wednesday trimming the apple trees and weeding the oak tree garden. The backyard was so overgrown, it was amazing how nice and clear it looks now. I cleared out a bush and a wild rose plant that threatened to take over my garden. That was NOT fun! If you've ever seen a wild rose, they are massive and of course covered in thorns.

Sunday afternoon was spent moving shade plants from one bed to another and it turned really well. I'm removing part of the bed by the oak so I have loads of plants that need to be relocated. It's been a lot of work, but I am slowly starting to see the results and it looks great! I think it will take another 2 weeks of hard work to get caught up. Today I plan on planting my veggies and planning out my flower pots.

Since I'm on the topic of flowers and my yard, I'll post a few pictures of what's blooming right now.




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh noes!
Leah has a blog! What n00bishness is this? Ok, I guess it's not that bad... the images are quite nice, I must admit :)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Lol, you goof. WTH is n00bishness?! Are you home this weekend?

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
Just enjoyed all your wonderful pictures. They always bring tears to my eyes to see how talented you are and how beautiful my grandchildren are. Your flowers look nice too. The Lord has really blessed our family.
Love always,
Mom

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way Leah, have you sent an email to Mam informing her about this site? I think she would love to read your comments and see your pictures.
Mom

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter

Want this badge?